Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Today is Better

Okay, thinking back, perhaps I really didn't MEAN I wanted to fast forward through yesterday, I simply wanted to get Zack to let me put him down without screaming. I wanted the baby to take a nap and I wanted everyone else to just be happy.

Today is better . Today Ben has napped and is not fussy. Today Zack doesn't have a fever and is his happy self. Today Eric is still sick, but is so low maintenance. I keep asking if he needs anything and he says no. I ask him how he feels and he says "a little good." What a trooper. Today I mopped the kitchen floor, well part of it. Mark helped because he really really wanted to mop. It's not as if today has been perfect, but my attitude is better and that really does make all the difference.

So much of my frustration yesterday was there were x,y, and z that needed to be done and I just couldn't get to it. Those are the days that I need to let it go. I'm not a perfect housekeeper by any means (really, far from it) but things were really bothering me. It's really hard to do anything while carrying an almost 3 year old. So I fretted and stressed and just got down about it.

Mark is here on my lap whining because he wants pie. I don't really have anything to put in a pie so I told him another day. He told me the only thing that will make him happy is pie. I kind of laughed and was sternly told that it isn't funny. If only he knew how funny he is. Yesterday this would have probably frustrated me further. Why can't he just be satisfied? Must he always whine. Today I realize, he's still just a little kid, of course he's going to act like that.

So, I regret having said I wanted to fast forward to bedtime. I wish I could have lightened up and seen that even though it was hard, it was not all so bad. I wish I would have embraced the cuddle time with my busy busy boy Zack.

So, consider my attitude adjusted and my head back on straight. Enjoy the kids, teach them, love them, everything else will wait. Lesson learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a good attitude. I need to remember this post. I feel so worn out today, and 2 sick kids, and a huge list of what I was going to get done this week is headed for the 'never going to happen' pile. Thanks for the reminder to not hate it all!!

Rebecca said...

Ohhh well, today I do.Yesterday I really didn't and I reread my post and even my original post was whiny and pitiful. I think I may have the right attitude 50% of the time. For the record I think you do a FABULOUS job with your kids and you are so fun with them! And on days when your child has pneumonia you are expected to get nothing done. Poor Jack (and really poor you!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails