Monday, April 7, 2008

As Close as You Can Get to Disney...

...without actually doing Disney. That's what we did yesterday. Our friends were staying at the Wilderness Lodge and we went to see them. Meaning we had to enter Disney grounds to get there. Meaning our children were utterly confused as to why we were NOT going to Disney World. Yes we've lived in FL over a year and haven't been to Disney. We've thought about it a lot but I always get scared and back out. It's not that I'm afraid of Disney World. I love all things Disney, however, I'm afraid of my children in Disney World. Will we get in and hear whining all day? Will Ben be miserable? Will I have to hear complaints of kids that are too hot, too cold, too hungry (right after a meal?) I have put off the Disney experience time and time again for fear of all of these things. Getting close to Disney made me really want to go though, so we have tentative plans to go in the fall with our friends. According to them their kids love it and they are having a great time (except that it won't stop raining. Come on FL stop pouring buckets of rain on the people trying to come to the SUN.)

We had such a great time hanging out, swimming (before it started to rain), decorating cookies and doing crafts at the lodge. We rode the monorail and a couple of boat rides. The kids had a great time and it was pretty non chaotic given that there were 7 kids ages 6 and under. Of course, it's always fun hanging out with these guys!!

As we left for the night, Mark said "Mommy, next time can we go to the REAL Disney World? I think we just might. Unless I chicken out again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails