Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Power of the Jinx... aka keep your mouth shut when things are going well.

So, when I taught my kids to share I really didn't mean to share nasty, gross, pukey viruses. Especially not with ME. I definitely should have been more clear.

Furthermore, I have fully learned my lesson on things not to say. Here's the rundown. When we are having a run of luck on healthy kids I will not say "Wow, we've been really healthy lately." Then, when they all get either a cold or an ear infection or some variety of illness I will absolutely not say "well, this is not so bad, at least there is no fever and they aren't really that sick." And when they all come down with a fever a few days apart, keeping us home for weeks at a time I definitely won't say to a friend who is going through a stomach virus with all of her six children, "Oh I feel so bad for you. We've really been so lucky with that, we haven't had pukies in about a year." And then I knocked on wood. I KNOCKED ON WOOD people, does that count for nothing? Oh yes, the hope that the pukies would stop at Zack was not enough to stop it from going through our entire family. Mark got it yesterday afternoon, and Eric, Ben and I spent the wee hours of the morning being very, very ill. Thank goodness, Kevin was spared so he could take care of the boys because I was in no condition to do so. However, he thinks it is heading his way. For the record, I blame him for Eric, Ben and me all getting it at the same time since he said earlier yesterday, "well, at least they are getting it one at a time." I bet he won't say that again. The power of the jinx is strong, but I have learned my lesson well, and I won't be saying any of these things again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh!! That sounds sooo miserable! I wish I could bring you all some soup or something... :(

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I hope you all feel better soon!

And FWIW - I "thought" oh no poor becca - I am so glad there are no sickies at my house too. Sure enough - Jax was sick throwing up last night. Dern Jinx.....

Rebecca said...

Ohhh poor Jax! And who knew it worked with thoughts too.. I will remember that... don't even THINK these things. I hope he's better today Jackson...

{sue} said...

oooh... the PIT of motherhood... vomit... I feel for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails