Friday, April 4, 2008

Getting Ready for School

The big boys are upstairs getting dressed. By getting dressed I mean running around acting like crazy people doing anything OTHER than get dressed. I should go up there and enforce the getting dressed thing but I just don't want to. So I'm going to sit here and write about it. I am tired of getting up and telling them 16,000 times to get dressed, eat their breakfast, and brush their teeth. Let's not even get into putting socks and shoes on, or grabbing lunches that I've made off the counter, or actually getting into the car. It's all a fight lately and I am so done fighting it. Fortunately for me it is Spring Break next week. Despite the fact that I may just go loony having them all home all week long I am anxiously awaiting a break from the getting ready for school routine. It will be nice to "lounge"a little in the mornings, not having to feel so rushed. Something tells me by the end of the week I'll be more than happy to tackle the morning madness again. As for now. It's time to eat breakfast.

1 comment:

{sue} said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am sick of that stuff too. The first 2 hours of the morning are the best thing about spring break. And yes, you will be ready for them to go back by this time next week! :-) But enjoy it while it lasts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails