Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Time to Get Organized Lady!

Ok, so it's clear to anyone who has read this blog that I am a bit of an organizational disaster. My mom knows this and my dad, my poor husband who is organization personified. Somehow, they all manage to love me anyway. I.am.a.mess. It becomes clear to me over and over and again. Just today I wasted so much time looking.for.stamps. Did I find them? No. Oh, and I was just at the store and realized I forgot an ingredient vital for dinner. Wasted time, my friends. So, I know that overnight I'm not going to be Little Miss Orderly, but I am going to work at it. I really have no idea how, but I'm thinking I'll do a Flylady-esque approach so I don't overwhelm my little self. I'm starting with my desk because, um, it's ridiculous.I'm taking a picture to compare right now, no pre-straightening. Don't hate me because I'm messy. I'll post the after picture later. Tips welcome and appreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like flylady! I am coming to realize it is a never ending battle! You can get it all cleaned off, and 30 min later it is back to crazy. The worst spots in my house are the kitchen counters and the desk...

Rebecca said...

I know that is my problem!! I'm just really tired of not being able to find stuff.

Anonymous said...

To not get overwhelmed - I write down about 8 items to organize or deep clean each week. Sometimes it is a 5 minute job sometimes an hour. But it is so gratifying to cross those items off and look at your list at the end of the week.

Rebecca said...

Ohhh good one Angie. I do better with lists anyway. Only, um, I haven't made any lately. :) The desk is half clean. I keep getting distracted. (rolling eyes)

Anonymous said...

I am very familiar with Flylady. Been there done that, LOL.

I DO use a timer though. I'll set it for ten minutes and see how much clutter can be put away. When it beeps, I stop. That way I don't get distracted (I'm racing against time) and don't get bogged down by *little details and get off track.

It's amazing what can get done in a short amount of FOCUSED time.

*little details like COLORIZING things, and other assorted OCD traits LOL. I AM an organizational freak.

(and by the way, it's me-- iamc --from twitter)

Related Posts with Thumbnails