Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oh My...

I don't know what else to say. Today sucked... Yesterday pretty much did too. After a minor victory of the Pilgrim Costume variety this morning, things pretty much fell apart. Ok, I did go to the gym. Beyond that I did nothing productive. Why? I had a 1 year old clinging to me for dear life who would scream like he was dying every time I thought about putting him down. I had a two year old screaming for various reasons, which more often than not I could not decipher. Day 2 of such behavior, previously explained away as "terrible twos" but now I'm not so sure. And that was all before Mark and Eric got home from school. Mark was immediately upset because 1. Apparently I am M E A N and I don't even have to look at him to provoke his wrath, and 2. I said we couldn't go to the pool today... because we had Eric's 6 year check up and also because I'm not so sure I can handle four kids at the pool by myself. Then we got Eric and they were fighting about everything under the sun in .03 seconds. What on earth could even go wrong in that amount of time? So we got home and waited for time to go to the doctor and I realized that suddenly Ben's eyes were oozing and the bottom lid was red. Can you say Pink Eye? Good grief, what have I really done to deserve this? So I called really quick and begged the pedi to see Ben too which they (blessedly) did without blinking (well, it was over the phone, I don't really know if they blinked but without hesitation and I didn't even have to plead.) Have I mentioned how much I love my pedi's office? No idiot doctors there! So, to be honest, my kids are generally very well behaved in public. Not so much today. In fact, I was mortified. Zack, at one point ran around chasing Mark trying.to.bite.him. Since when does he bite? Several times during the visit I said "YOU, sit here, and you sit here. Don't get up again!!" Trying to keep my cool and be the firm but calm mom that I'd really like to be but so often fall short. Oh yeah, and then there was the holding the six year old who is freakishly strong down while he got his varicella vaccine. We all survived, and I left with drops (samples, thank you very much wonderful doctor who I LOVE!) and hit the McD's drive thru on the way home. You know, to reward the excellent behavior (insert eye roll here.)

To be continued later as the 2 year old is still not staying in his bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I thought germs werent allowed in Florida! Get well vibes to the boys and stay sane vibes to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails