Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Break

All the blogs I read have great fun tales of Spring Break and the things they do. Going bowling, to the zoo, moms ready to pull their hair out by the end of the week. I was ready. I was going to have so much fun with the kids. Monday Mark woke up with a fever (after coughing all Sunday night) and last night Zack woke up with a high fever and he was insane. He wouldn't lay down and instead of the lethargy I usually associate with fever, he was hyper and wanted to play. At 1 AM. I was ready to scream. So 2 out of 4 have been sick (Mark is much better today, maybe tomorrow we can have some fun as long as the other 2 stay well.) I'm sure by Friday I'll be ready to send my kids packing back to school and pulling my hair out like all the other moms I read about. I'd just like to at least have one fun day before that happens.

Go away germs you are messing up my plans!!


So today, instead of going to the park, to the zoo, BOWLING (which I would never tackle alone, but the kids LOVE to go), or even just to the library, the gym, or anywhere I am sitting home catering to the demands of a feverish 2 year old. Or rather, avoiding his demands and attempting to make reasonable substitions. He got out the pizza cutter and told (not asked) me to make pizza at 9:30 this morning. "Sorry buddy, do you want a snack? " "Nonononono (sob) my want to have PIZZA. Cut pizza with pizza CUTTER." So I told him we'd have pizza for lunch and let's find something else for now. "No momma. my.want.pizza.nooooooooooooooooow." Oy Finally I placated him with a flour tortilla that we cut with the pizza cutter and all was well. Until he wanted a glass of diet coke. I was a bad mommy and poured him his "own" glass filled with maybe 1/2 inch of diet coke. Shhh it's our secret.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails