Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rookie School Mom

So even though Eric was sick today we did homework. Kindergarten homework is really cute and fun and usually takes all of 10 minutes. This particular homework included the instructions "Make a spinner out of a pencil and a paperclip" and my rookie status was exposed. I asked Eric if he knew how to do it and he looked at me like "are you crazy? That's what you are here for." So I got a paperclip, and his pencil. I looked at it. I seriously couldn't even begin to think of how to create a functional spinner out of the two items. I blame it on the fact that this school thing is still new to me. So upon asking a group of ladies I found out (from the one of the group who happens to be a teacher) that I was supposed to put the pencil through the center of the paperclip and flick the paperclip to spin it. Heh, who knew? Well obviously she did, rookie school mom here had not an inkling. Next time I'll have it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before I read the answer, I was thinking to stick one end of the paperclip into the eraser part of the pencil. Seriously, they should make a book 'All the things you should know when your kids are in school'. I would not have known what to do either!

Related Posts with Thumbnails