Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Eric

Six years ago today I became a new mommy for the very first time. I had waited quite some time for this milestone and felt so many things. Joy, excitement, and pure fear were among them. Holding my new little boy for the first time was enthralling. I didn't want to put him down. I had no idea until that moment how much love bringing a baby into the world would place in my heart. That love grows every single day.

Now that itty bitty baby boy is six. He can run, and read, and write. He can carry on a pretty grown up conversation too. He is big!! He is still my baby. Sometimes he still comes and sits in my lap and says "I love you mom." Not too long ago when Ben was up in the night I noticed Eric was sideways in bed, so I moved him and retucked him in. He snuggled in under the covers and with a sweet smile whispered, "thanks momma." He may be big, but he'll always be my little boy.


I can't believe it's been six years. It doesn't feel like much time has passed at all. I can't remember much about life without Eric without thinking really hard about it. I wouldn't trade one minute of my life now for that life.

I love you Eric, Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails