Monday, March 24, 2008

How Do They Do It?

Last night after the kids went to bed I sat on the couch and turned on the television to see what was on. Mostly nothing, but I saw a show that sounded like it had potential. It was called "We Have 15 Children" I immediately flipped to that channel. I enjoy watching shows like this and "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and would really watch them more often if Kevin would enjoy them. I think they freak him out. He asked me last night "don't you get enough family chaos during the day? Why do you need to watch it from others." My honest answer is because it makes me feel better. Because as hard as having 4 kids is, having 8 is clearly harder. I can't even imagine 15, 16 17. Heck, I couldn't imagine 5. I couldn't imagine any more than we have and I know our family is complete.

So the shows make me feel better, but in a way they make me feel worse. Worse because those women have their stuff together. They do it all and even seem to enjoy it. I definitely enjoy my kids, but I certainly do not have it all together. How do they do it all? It is intriguing to me. I didn't watch the whole show (Kevin stole the remote control), but forever burned into my brain was this nice British lady dishing out dinner to her family, plates lining the entire cabinet. How does she do it and still stay sane? THAT is my question.

2 comments:

{sue} said...

All the insane moments are edited out! I could probably produce one calm and in control hour per week (if you added up different days!)... I KNOW you could! (I love those shows too! But I can't decide if I love Kate or hate her!)

Rebecca said...

I don't love Kate...I think she's mean. But I'd be mean too if I had 8 kids. Eek!

Related Posts with Thumbnails