Friday, March 28, 2008

If You Were A 13 Month Old...

...Where would you hide your mommy's keys? I'm serious. I went to get in the van, and actually had already buckled the little ones in the car to meet a mom from Mark's preschool at the Rec. Center for an activity for the 2 year olds. Then I realize I don't have my keys. I run in to get them and they aren't any of the places I usually put them. Then I remember seeing Ben walking across the living room keys in hand. Oh nooooo. WHAT was I thinking? WHY didn't I take them away. Really why? I've scoured the house numerous times and I can't find them. It's been over 2 hours and I still can't find them. I've crawled around on the floor, tried to think like a baby to find them. I have dug through trash (that's fun, really,) just while typing this I got up and looked again. They are NOWHERE. But the tricky thing is they have to be SOMEWHERE right? We were home. They were in the house. We were here for 30 minutes. So, I guess we're walking to get the big boys. My best guess is the entire route will be about 5 miles. I'm taking the double stroller so I can probably get Mark in with the little guys if and when he gets tired. Eric will only have to walk about a mile, Mark will be about 3.5. This even wouldn't be a huge deal except I don't feel great. I have a 100.1 fever and coughing. So walking is not an exciting prospect. I could call Kevin but he works far away and I hate to take him away from his JOB to come rescue his airhead wife. Oh and this should all be a non issue because we put one of those locking box thingies on the undercarriage of the car (you know for the next time I lock my keys in it) and it is G-O-N-E. This is a little worrysome in and of itself. Anyway, it's about time to start walking. I leave you with the question... If you were Ben where would you hide the keys? Answers are welcome. Feel free to laugh at me too. I will be laughing later (probably not until after I find the keys though.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails