Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Are You Kidding?

I ran across a story in the local news yesterday that made me say "What? Are you kidding?" Then I saw the name of the school where the incident occurred and, um, it's in my town. Lovely. Am I the only one screaming "It's a MAGIC trick. Come on let's not be ridiculous!!"? Wizardry? Has someone been reading too much Harry Potter? To be fair, there could be other issues related to his firing like not following lesson plans and letting the kids play on "unapproved" computers. So, I don't know, maybe the guy was a bad substitute. Maybe he is playing up the wizardry thing to get on the news. Maybe the school district is overreacting. Maybe this was the last straw and we just don't have all the details. I don't know. What I do know is that now my town has made national (and maybe international) news for firing a substitute teacher for wizardry. And that just irritates me to know end. Anyway, you decide... is it wizardry, or just a fun magic trick?(Picture me rolling my eyes here.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails