Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It Would Appear...

... that I was wrong about the cause of Zack's fever. I blamed the immunizations he had Wednesday, but evidently it was some virus which probably originated at school. (Do you like how I always have to have a REASON, someone or something to blame?)

The long weekend was pretty good. Kevin took Labor Day weekend very literally and worked tirelessly on the floor.

Sunday, we were at our usual ready for the weekend to be over point (actually it was more at our ready for kids to go.to.bed.already! point.) There was, however one more day of the long weekend.

We decided that Monday we would do a little tile, and then go do something fun or at least something OUT of the house. I felt crummy, but attributed it to lack of sleep, stress, etc. Then we noticed Eric acting kind of irritable and guess who had a FEVER. Because that's exactly what I needed after Friday's events. Or not. Then Ben woke up from his nap, with... yep... a fever. Whatever this virus thing was it passed quickly and everyone seems okay today. Eric is home awaiting that 24 hour fever free able go back to school time. Everybody cross your fingers that Mark doesn't get this.

I am calling for a time out. Time out from sick kids, household projects and kids waking up in the middle of the night. Time out from all this craziness so that I can get back to normal. Whatever that means.

3 comments:

Manager Mom said...

I second your moratorium on colds and viruses. it gets a little better when they get older, though.

LCL said...

The "only" upside if there is one too all of this, is hopefully by the time Ben and Zach get into full time school they will hopefully not get sick, since they will be exposed so much through the older boys. This is what they say in "theory" at least....

Lisa L. said...

When I was working, I had 3 personal days a year that I could use whenever I wanted. Don't you wish moms had "personal" days where you didn't have to do anything for anyone, just relax? Hope your kids get better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails