Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boring, Nonetheless I Write It

So, now that the stomach virus (which is the absolute least gross way I could think to phrase that) has made it's way through half the family, and then Mark and I had some random fever thing, leaving Ben the only one who hasn't been ill. Thank goodness for the little things. At least one of us was spared, so far. While we were dealing with sickness and such, my house was completely destroyed, and I've tried to recover a little from that today.

My broken door was finally fixed today, which is almost not even worth mentioning since we just replaced the glass with new, unbroken clear glass. Can't get much more boring than that, but it was the best option for the bank account, so we went with it.

I had grand plans today of cooking a few meals ahead, however I started with this recipe and it just wore me out. It wasn't hard, but it did take awhile. So, I don't have days worth of dinners in the freezer, but I do have tonight's ready and that is pretty awesome if you ask me. I'll post later on if the recipe was worth all the fuss. I think it's going to be pretty fabulous! My menu this week and most of next is straight from the pages of Rachel Ray magazine. I will post the recipes that we like if I think about it.

The floor, I haven't mentioned the floor in ages. We are still not done, but we are really, really close. You know I'll post pictures when (if?) it is (ever) complete.

I guess that's about all that's going on around here lately, but I'll leave you with one funny story.

Eric and Mark came home from school yesterday with "Pay It Forward" bracelets. At school, they are going over the concept of doing kind things for others. Eric walked in the door, handed me a flower (from our flower bed) and the bracelet, and said "Pay it forward" as he raced past me. Then Mark told me all about how it meant that if someone was bleeding and you saved them they should pay it forward by helping someone else later. I explained that it didn't have to be someone bleeding, but that we should do nice things for people. He persisted in telling me about the bleeding guy. So I told him, yes if people are hurt we should help them, but not just that. Or something like that. Later in the evening, it was nearing bedtime and I told them that I was proud of them for how nicely they had behaved in the afternoon and evening. Eric said "did we earn a reward?" And I explained for the umpteenth time that you don't always get a reward for behaving, you are just expected to behave, etc. Then he vanished for a bit and not long after the pay it forward bracelet came flying at me. I guess somehow, instead of thanking him for being well behaved, I should pay it forward by behaving myself. I don't know if they totally get the concept... I'll work on it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails