Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sports 101

Kevin and I aren't really all that sporty. I've recently discovered my more active side, but I'm pretty sure I would still suck at anything having to do with athletics. I enjoyed going to football games back in the highschool days (was in marching band, so I did go to lots of football games) and if my husband was interested in watching sports I would watch with him. Since he's not, and I'm don't really care enough to pursue watching them on my own. All that to say, now my non athletic self is the mother to 4 boys (yea, yea, you know that!) Four boys who probably don't know enough about sports. Oops. I keep meaning to sign them up for things and by the time I get around to looking it up the deadlines have passed. Because I'm on top of things like that. Anyway, I did manage to sign them up for a summer bowling league. I thought it was a good summer activity what with the million degree temperatures and 1000% humidity. I saw a sign for a soccer league for fall and assuming I haven't missed it, I'll get Eric and Mark in on that.

The thing that got me writing this post, though, was this. I got Zack a Little Tykes basketball goal for his birthday. The boys LOVE that thing. Even Ben likes it when Mark lifts him up to the goal so he can put the ball in the net. And Zack. Well, Zack will make a basket and say "MOMMY I GOT A STRIKE!!" And "HOME RUN!!!" And once he told me "Keep your eye on the ball Mommy!" So, you see, I think we have some work to do here. I told him several times to say he got a goal, or a basket (is that even right?) but still, he persisted in saying he got a STRIKE.

There's some serious sport confusion going on around here. Is there some sort of remedial sports education class for NON sporty moms out there?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who misses all the sign up deadlines. :)

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Yes. It's called ESPN. Watch it on the sly and WOW your family with knowledge.

Kellan said...

How funny! I assigned this dute to DAD - he's been in charge of all the sign-ups and it has worked out. It helps when they get in Middle School and HS and the sports are there!

Have a good day - Kellan

Related Posts with Thumbnails