Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Funny From Last Week

I was thinking about what to write about today and can't believe I didn't already post this. I mean, slightly embarrassing story, makes me look way silly. Let's blog it! I guess other things just naturally came first.

Anyway, we're at the library. Finished getting our books and playing in the kids area. Mark has to go potty, which was great because so did I. So, we went, leaving my other kids in the waiting area with their friends & their mom.

Such a mundane story, right? Well it was, until...

I realized that the door was stuck locked. And I kept turning the handle thinking at some point it would unlock. Then I realized that it was not only not unlocking, but also was unscrewing. I stopped mere seconds before it was in my hand I think. Thinking back, maybe I should have let it. It may have prevented what came next. But, in the interest of not defacing public property, I fiddled with it for another minute. And told Mark to go tell Maureen I was locked in the bathroom. Because, I don't know, I guess I needed moral support for what I was about to do.

Because, it was pretty clear by that point that I was going to have to crawl UNDER the door. Which is pretty stinking gross if you ask me. Now, I'm not a germophobe exactly. Just something about public restrooms is really and truly wrong. Granted the library bathroom was clean (thank GOODNESS) but still. Thinking about how many people must have walked with dirty shoes on that very floor gave me the creeps in a big way. Thinking about scooting across it on my belly was almost too much. Since I wasn't sure what else I could do short of sit in the bathroom while someone went and got an employee to rescue me I took a deep breath and crawled.under.the.bathroom.door. And then laughed like crazy at such a ridiculous situation!


In retrospect, I'm thinking if I had went ahead and unscrewed the locking mechanism I could have then unlocked the door. I could be wrong. In any case, I survived. And now you can laugh at me about it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails