Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ben... A Day in the Life

I am Ben and yesterday was a busy day. Every day is a busy day in my world. I am 15 1/2 months old and Momma says I am crazy. She calls me trouble. I think she is funny. My day started early as usual. I let the world know I was up, and sure enough, Momma came to my rescue. I was changed and fed and the day was off to a great start. I followed my brothers up the stairs and on the way down I realized that my brothers do not go down the stairs backwards on their tummies. They go down standing up. I tried this and tumbled down. It hurt bad. Momma scooped me up into her arms and I cried and cried on her shoulder. Then she got me a cup of milk and I was okay. I ran around in circles with Zack and Mark for awhile and then we got in the car to take Eric to school.



After we dropped Eric off we went to the post office. I got stuck in the stroller which kind of annoyed me, but I didn't cry. In the post office, I threw my milk down and Momma handed it back to me. I threw it down again. It didn't come back that time. The next stop was the gym and I decided to try to work on my climbing skills a little. People just kept getting me down. I heard them say something about not getting my head bonked again.

After we went home from the gym I was exhausted. Momma put me in my bed and I slept for about 2 hours. When I woke up I screamed like crazy to make sure someone heard me and would come and get me. Then it was time to play. Momma was trying to get a few things done before going to get Eric, and I used that opportunity to play on the stairs. I really want to get the walking down them thing down. You don't think one little fall is going to deter me? Because it won't. This time she saw me trying to walk down the stairs and came over and grabbed my hands. That made me so happy I couldn't help but giggle. The stairs weren't so hard that way.

We went to get Eric and I fussed until Momma gave me some snacks. I have her trained to keep animal crackers in the car now. It makes the riding much less boring. After we got Eric home she said she must get the dishes done and the floor cleaned. I don't know why she didn't do it while I took my nap. I am glad that she did not though. I love helping Momma do the dishes. It's one of my favorite things. I don't think she appreciates it very much though. All she does is tell me not to climb in the dishwasher. All I'm doing is standing there taking stuff out to look at it. She really gets upset when I take a knife out. That's too bad too because that is my favorite thing to look at. Sometimes, if I go really fast I can get two knives and scrape them together. That is very satisfying. It also gets Momma to run REALLY fast to come take them away. I don't know why she doesn't like these things, but she usually says something about dangerous and hurting. So, I guess Momma got tired of trying to do the dishes and taking me off the dishwasher door, because she put me back in my bed. I wasn't really tired, but I played around in there for awhile. I got bored pretty quickly. After I got downstairs, Momma wasn't quite done with the dishes so she put me in my chair with a snack. This made me happy. For a minute. Then I realized the bigger boys were playing outside and I.wanted.out. I fussed and complained and she let me down out of the chair. Then I fussed at the door and she said "Oh, Ben, let Momma do just one more thing" and I kept fussing and finally she gave up and we went outside. That was SO fun! I climbed up the slide and ran around on the patio. We stayed out awhile, but then I guess she had more stuff to do so we came in.

While Momma tried to make dinner I was all over the place. I got in the trashcan and rescued a bag of chips that she threw away. She said they were stale, but I bet they were fine. I put them down, but they were gone when I came back for them. Momma went to the bathroom and while she was in there I got her razor off the tub. She took it away when she saw me with it. She continued to cook and I got into my favorite cabinet. The glass container cabinet. I love to take stuff out of there. Momma closed the cabinet door & mumbled something about cabinet door locks and opened up a much less exciting door. But I did play with the plastic containers for awhile. Then I got bored with that and got out some pots and pans. I was so glad that she let me. The pans make a great noise!

Finally, it was dinner time, so I ate and ate and ate. All that running around makes a boy hungry. And then I fussed and tried to get her to put me to bed, but she kept me up just a little longer. I'm not sure why she does that. I get tired after dinner, but for some reason she will never put me to bed before 6:30.

That is basically what a day is like for me. I love to explore, and get stuff out. I sometimes fall and get bumps and scrapes, but I love being a little boy!

This morning I've started the day great. I figured out how to get my pajama pants off and took my poopy diaper off too. I was nice and didn't spread it on the walls or the bed. I just called for Momma. I got a bath out of the deal too. And a nice clean sheet for my bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you are so funny!! You captured all that so perfectly! Great writing, you had me rolling! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shanna! I could picture little Ben mumbling to himself when you closed the cabinet with the glass...too funny! I can see why you want to be a free lance writer! you have that talent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails