Monday, June 15, 2009

Love the Weekend

For the first time in a long time I am starting Monday feeling somewhat prepared for the day ahead of me rather than exhausted and drained from the weekend. It's kind of nice. Could be because I had a mom's afternoon out on Saturday to the tune of FIVE hours at the mall in which I browsed, giggled and got to know some new friends. FIVE hours. I never spend that long away from the kids. It's been a long time anyway. It was fun and refreshing.

Sunday we decided to make jam, and while looking at jam instructions online saw recipes for pickles. We asked the boys which they'd rather make and of course Eric said pickles and Mark said jam. After flipping a coin we decided to do both. (What? The point of flipping a coin is to make an actual decision? Hmmm. I knew we missed the mark on that one.) Future posts will have more on our pickle/jam making session, but for now I will just tell you it was fun. And homemade peach jam. Oh.my.goodness is it good.

I'm off for an exciting Monday of cleaning, running errands, trying a new kickboxing class, and taking the boys to Tae Kwon Do. Oh! And somewhere I have to make curtains for the boys "fort." (Mark's idea, not mine, but we're going to give it a go.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails