Monday, August 4, 2008

It's Been a Few Days


Ack! It seems like it's been forever since I've sat down to blog. I don't know why. Mostly, I think just busy, and boys and every time I sit down to try to write something I get interrupted 5,632 times and then I can't even remember what I wanted to say. I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating. I need a device that connects directly into my brain to catch my thoughts and later I can go find the ones that are mental drafts of future blog entries and write. Seriously, I can't remember anything anymore.
Anyway, a few things from the weekend.

Kevin and I had a date Saturday night and it was great. Having friends to swap babysitting with is awesome! We went to The Melting Pot and it was YUMMY. I've heard mixed reviews, but it was fun and good food. And then we went home and put the kids to bed and I started to feel really badly and then ended up being sick all night. Not the end to the perfect evening I had imagined, but I guess you have to take the bad with the good. I'm all better now thank goodness.


The back splash project carries on. And because I can't wait to show you all, I will post the "in progress picture."



I can't wait to see it with grout, and after we get the microwave back in and everything. So far I think it is BEAUTIFUL (those oddly placed tiles are there for the microwave mounting so they won't show when it's all done. I'm sure you knew that though.)



Despite feeling completely crappy from the night before, I decided to keep our appointment to get the boys pictures done since I've neglected to get any of their yearly pictures done. My plan was to just get a group shot, but Ben was not having it. We'd place him and he's immediately get up, and run in the direction of the door. Then at one point Zachary flipped completely out. You've heard the term nuclear meltdown? I totally know the meaning of that now. Anyway, we managed to get a decent (not great) picture and some fabulous individual shots of Eric and Mark. Here's the group shot.

See, we had spent the better part of 45 minutes trying to get Ben to sit down near his brothers for a good pose, and then we decided to stand everybody up and the little nut wants to sit down. WHATEVER. This is what they look like at 6, 5, 3 and 1 1/2.

Also, did you know that dressing 4 boys all the same increases the comments on 1. how many children I have and 2. that they are ALL! BOYS! by about 90%.

So, that's all for now! I hope to get back to writing everyday. Right now, I'm off to undo some of the damage laying on the couch most of yesterday caused.

** Just a note that I am totally blaming my weekend illness on THE MOUSE. Where else would I have picked up a stomach bug? I'm still in the crossing my fingers that no one else in the family gets this phase.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, your experience sounds very similar to my picture day. I wanted to pull my hair out, but the time they were finished!

Beckee

Crisa said...

I love the back splash and the boys are soooo cute!

the Villamor's said...

beautiful backsplash! Makes me wish i did more with mine!

beautiful boys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails