Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Looked Up and Saw My Future

Last night while Kevin was working on the back splash, I mowed the lawn for him. It was purely selfless. I assure you, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that I needed OUT of the house and AWAY from the noise for a few minutes. Nope, not one bit. Anyway, I was finishing up the mowing, and this teenage boy runs between the two vacant houses that sit next to mine. I kind of wondered what was up, but didn't think much of it. Then I pushed the mower around to the front to put it away, I noticed him standing, hiding between my house and the one on the other side. He noticed me and raised his finger to his lips as if to say "shhh, don' t rat me out lady." He had a big smile on his face. It was then, that I saw another young man, riding his bike in the cul de sac. I watched just to make sure nothing sinister was about to happen, but what did happen only made me smile. He ran up stealthily behind his friend and said "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." Which sent me into the future a bit, because I can totally see my boys doing that, all in good fun, to their friends, and probably each other. I can only hope that this is the kind of mischief they'll get up to as teenagers, instead of the worse kinds that will land them in trouble.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

That is the best kind of mischeif to have!

Related Posts with Thumbnails