Tuesday, February 26, 2008

You Are My Sunshine

Last week I out of nowhere started singing "You Are My Sunshine" to Mark. He really ate it up. The boy just loves his individual attention and this was right up his alley. I worried a little it would create problems with the other boys but so far they really haven't noticed. Obviously my problem being with the word ONLY since clearly I love all of my kids. So he started telling me, "Mommy, YOU are my only sunshine too. And daddy and my brothers." Perhaps ONLY wasn't clear to him, but given my concern for the other kids it allowed me a little leeway to say they were my "sunshines" too. Since then he just keeps bringing it up. One evening he was in trouble and asked me "Mommy am I still your sunshine?" I told him of COURSE he was and I would always love him no matter what. Fast forward to yesterday when they asked for a fudgesicle for snack and I said yes. Mark exclaimed "MOM fudgesicles are my only sunshine too!!"

I guess I should be happy to be ranked right up there with fudgesicles.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails