Friday, April 10, 2009

Things I Never Dreamed I'd Have to Say

I've wanted to be a Mommy for as long as I can remember. There were things about parenthood that I knew would be hard. When I was pregnant with Eric I got the standard "Your life is about to CHANGE" advice. I was pretty sure I would have sleepless nights and I knew I was ready due to the 3700 parenting books I read during that first pregnancy. There are parts of motherhood, however, that you simply can not prepare for.

I have a running list of things that in all my wildest dreams I never thought I would have to say.
There are the standard things that I just thought I would never say because I would be AWESOME. Turns out I'm not so awesome because I regularly say "Because I said so," and "Do I need to call Daddy?" Also I say no a whole lot more than I imagined I would. Among the more entertaining things (because kids like to keep life interesting):


  • We don't eat baby wipes.
  • We don't put things in our nose.
  • Hey! Who wants to play the quiet game!!
  • You have to wear pants to go outside.
  • No you may not eat chocolate chips for breakfast.
  • We don't wash the floor with toilet water (eek)
  • Do.not.lick.me!!!!
  • Stop pulling my ears!

What have you found yourself saying that you never saw coming?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Funny, I just said the pants thing earlier today. M was standing buck naked from the waist down on the front porch. :)

Lisa L. said...

As Ellie is still a baby, I don't say a lot of crazy things, but I do think it is weird/gross that I pick her nose for her. I hope I'm not alone!

Rebecca said...

Hehe! Lisa you are not alone! I don't get Eric and Mark's boogers anymore... they do it themselves although I am a hypocrite and tell them DON'T pick your nose. But I still totally get the little boys boogers out. So much that little Ben will point to his nose and say "Boog-ah" Ahhh motherhood. :)

Astarte said...

How about, 'We don't pee off the tree house'? Or maybe, 'stop sniffing the dog's butt! only other dogs do that!'

HA!

One time, I found DH in Josie's room, applying Vagisil on her tiny bottom (she was still in diapers), saying, 'Now HERE'S something I never thought I'd be doing...'

Related Posts with Thumbnails