Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Three... Two... One...

And then some! I meant to update much sooner than this, but we were too busy having fun!

So, our big surprise was a trip on Friday out to Orlando and... The Magic Kingdom. It was the kids (and Kevin's) first trip to Disney World, and my first since I was a teenager. It was incredible. Magic. I have pictures (of course) to post that will wait one more day. Miraculously (magically?) we managed to keep the surprise a secret until the last minute. When the kids figured it out their eyes got wide and Eric said "this will be a day to remember." And he was so correct.

Besides the BIG DAY we had fun with my mom going to the pool, to the beach & just hanging out.

We went out for a walk/ bike ride and Eric and Mark learned to ride without training wheels. I really thought the day would never come, but here they are. They still need some help getting started, but they are training wheel free.

The first day of school went off without a hitch and everyone came home all smiles. And no one argued or fought for the entire evening. Tonight was much the same. Tomorrow will be Ben & my first true afternoon alone and I just can't wait. I haven't had one kid at home for any period of time since Eric was 13 months old and Mark was born. That's been over 6 years. It should be interesting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails