Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sleep is Essential... Who Knew?

Sleep is key to the life equation.

The last several nights I haven't slept well. I seem to have developed a habit of waking up at 4 AM and worrying, and going over my to do list. And beating myself up over what I didn't do yesterday. All of that mental nonsense adds up to one more day of failure, and grumpiness, and exhaustion, and not getting those things done. In addition to that, no fewer than three of the kids woke up each night. So, between those things I have been very, very tired (and grumpy.)

Tuesday night, Kevin suggested I take one of his Ambien (I know...illicite drug sharing... shhh don't tell.) My first reaction was noooooooo. What if the kids wake up. What if I don't wake up.(I know, I'm ridiculous.) After assurance that Kevin would take care of any night time wakeups, and that I'd... you know... wake up... I took it.

I didn't fall asleep right away. I think my mind was somehow fighting the meds. Which is funny, since I'm typically a fall asleep when my head hits the pillow kind of girl. (Except the last few nights when I wake up.)

The night went like this. Almost fall asleep, pop eyes open. Repeat 3 times. Wake up the next morning when the alarm goes off. Now that's a night!

The funny thing is how good a day I had today. I was able to laugh even when Ben shaved a strip of his hair again. I was able to deal with after school stuff and even completed the "experiment" part of Mark's Science Fair project...

Sleep makes a big difference for sure!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails