Thursday, December 3, 2009

Joy

Things have been a little bit crazy lately. It's the holidays and there are things to do. Lots and lots of them. Amid the extra stuff, much of which has to be done sneakily, I still have four little boys, myself, Kevin, and the house to take care of. (Kevin pretty much takes care of himself, but I wouldn't want to leave him out.)

Anyway, long story short lots to do, the house is driving me crazy (per my last two posts) and I am trying to keep my head above water.

Yet yesterday, I kept thinking this is supposed to be such a joyful season. What have I been doing? Whining. Letting little piddly crap get to me, and basically being grouchy.

So, I am trying to focus on the things that bring me joy instead. It's actually not hard to see if I look for it.

Things that come to mind.

1. When Ben sneaks a sip of my Diet Coke and says "ahhhhh, dat's good."
2. When my boys bound into the van each day telling me what a great day they had.
3. When Zack says, "It's raining mom. Is school cancelled?"
4. My many, very wonderful friends who are supportive even when I'm being whiny and annoying.
5. That Christmas is coming and all the excitement and wonder that brings to my boys. Okay, and me too.

From now until the end of the year, I am going to try to post daily on the topic of joy. I need to turn this grumpy heart of mine around.

1 comment:

{sue} said...

It's hard work just getting through the everyday. How are we supposed to pack all this holiday stuff in? Srsly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails