Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Unpacked and Unhinged

Unpacked -I did it. I unpacked everything yesterday. Well, everything except the giant rubbermaid container of boys clothes. It's in the guest room and I figure they can get dressed out of it for a week or so and we'll put it away as it cycles through the laundry. Totally lazy of me but it makes me happy, so I'm going with it.

Unhinged - My kids have completely lost their minds. Fighting with each other, talking back to me. Totally loud, totally screaming, total chaos. Even worse, I seem to be unable to get their attention without getting loud and I'm just not into yelling. It's been frustrating. I suspect they are over tired from late nights and lots of running around last week. Or maybe it's from the 20 hour car ride on the way home. At any rate, we are all completely cranky and out of control. I'm hoping to fix that soon.

On a positive note, (and I'm typing this very very quietly) the kids are sleeping past seven the last two days. I'm thinking they are still on Central Time. Which is fiiiine with me. But they need to quit being so freaking crabby!

PS I have a bazillion pictures to go through and post and of course blogging about all the FUN we had, but that will wait until another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Good job on the unpacking- one of my most dreaded tasks! I hope the kids snap back into happiness soon!

Astarte said...

Ugh, unpacking stinks. I'm impressed that you did it so quickly.

Here's to better attitiudes soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails