Friday, February 6, 2009

A Blast From the Past

Once upon a time, many years ago I had only two small boys. They were 3 and 2 and very, very cute. Then 3 year old Eric was playing this game where it sounded an awful lot like he was saying he was putting "roses" on us. Well at some point this evolved into him licking his hand, wiping it on us and saying "I put roses on you." First off, cute as he was, I didn't really enjoy him wiping his slobber on my arms, and secondly I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he would be putting ROSES on me. Until one day, out of the blue we realized he was saying he was putting LOTION on us. Still gross, but made a teeny bit more sense.

I hope this is humorous to someone else because it popped into my head the other day and I couldn't stop laughing. I'm still giggling as I type it in fact. Thankfully, Eric doesn't put lotion OR roses on us any more and if he licked his hand and wiped it on me I'm afraid I wouldn't laugh now.

3 comments:

Kathy Presley said...

I so remember that. I am cracking up all over again.

Anonymous said...

My google reader isn't picking you up for some reason-- the last post I read was about a week ago, and I just decided to check your blog and I see about 5 new posts! Have no idea why it isn't showing up in Reader!

Anyway, that story made me laugh! Nice to be "moisturized", right? :)

Rebecca said...

Hmmm thanks for letting me know Shanna... I was trying to do something over my head and I must have messed it up. The only thing I can think of is to take me off your reader & put it on again? Maybe that would work?

Related Posts with Thumbnails