Friday, January 16, 2009

On a Mission

I am on a mission that will last some time and I hope I can stick it out to the end. My mission is to once and for all get this home organized like I want it to be so I can get the day to day cleaning done faster and more efficiently. Kevin helped me do a few things over the holidays and now I really want to keep it up. I want to go through every closet, cabinet, nook and cranny and touch everything, toss or donate what we don't use and have a workable system for the things we do. I have been motivated by other bloggers, and of course my husband, and I do believe the time is NOW.

I tend to make lists and plans and schedules that look really good on paper but never come to life as a daily, weekly, or even monthly habit. I start out well, sure, but I tend to fall off the schedule wagon fairly quickly. I've mulled over this at some length so I can do this right this time and the only thing I can come up with is to start at the front door and just do it. That is kind of cheating a little I think because the front of the house is the least used and therefore the least messy. This is mostly a matter of finding hidden clutter and getting it out!!

So, since I have two boys at school and two sleeping I will begin right now!

PS I have a post up at Deep South Moms about my case of post vacation blues I've been battling this week. Incidentally, it seems to have resolved itself shortly after I wrote that post. Interesting...

I'm off!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails