Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Matching

I understand that kids sometimes have trouble matching.  It's no big deal. It's kind of cute when you can totally tell a little guy or gal has completely chosen their own outfit. To a large degree, if it's clean and it fits, it's all good. 

Except I have this little issue that I like to portray myself as having it all together (I don't - in fact if you are one of my friends, you probably just spit your soda all over the keyboard at the hilariousness  - sorry for that!) But anyway, to make it really easy for them, I have been folding their clothes into outfits. So grab the top two items, and put them on. Easy. Instant matching.  Except, they persist in pulling out stuff from who knows where... play clothes, the pile that isn't matched up yet, and even one from the top, and one from somewhere else in the stack. Resulting in mismatched kids: plaids and stripes, two different shades of red, and various other combinations that just don't work.

In the scheme of things, it's no big deal.  But it makes it harder for me to keep up this illusion.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails