Monday, October 25, 2010

Juggling

This is one of those weeks where I am sure I'm going to drop the ball somewhere. Halloween is coming up, I'm hosting a Moms Club Brunch at my house, and oh yes, it's my turn to host playgroup. Not to mention the donations to send to the school for the Fall Festival, and Halloween Parties. Plus, there are field trip forms and permission slips (and $$**) to turn in, and we are attending the Fall Festival at school, a Halloween Party Saturday Night (which I need to take a dish to, and I'd like it to be yummy.) Let's not forget Trick or Treat Sunday Night. Oh, and it's red ribbon week, meaning there is a special thing to wear/do each day for that. Whew!

I've made a list of all the stuff I need to send off to the school, and the permission slips for field trips are in their backpacks today, so that's one thing off of the list. I just feel like life is one big deadline this week. Even with my to do list (and it's massive) I fear something is going slip through the cracks.

** Does anyone else feel bled dry by the school. Money money money. Not just fundraisers either. There are tshirts and field trips and this and that. It's all very small amounts, and it's not realllly breaking the bank, but it feels like I'm always writing checks to the school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

right there with ya. Hate all the money I send to school, but it is all good things, so what can you do? I saw the red ribbon paper and just threw it away- I knew that this week I would never remember all that nonsense, so I'm not even going to try! I like to pick which thing gets dropped! :)

the Villamor's said...

yes..the school takes all your money!! i don't do fundraisers anymore but do support the activities like festivals and book fairs.
i felt the same way last week! and it will just pick up as the holidays come around! somehow I am the room mom for both kids this year(3 and 5) but that just means I can delegate!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails