Friday, February 19, 2010

What will I do with a day to myself.

Like, a whole entire 6 hours of just me, all me... alone. Solitude. Quiet time. My head went spinning when I realized it was actually, really going to happen.

You see, my parents are spending the week in Orlando, a mere hour (ish) away, and last night they came and took my little guys to spend the night with them. So, in 5 minutes or so here, when I take my big kids to school... I'm alone.

Here's the plan...

  • Go work out.
  • Shower and get ready alone. No kids yelling "Mommy" while I'm showering. No toddlers getting into my lotion, or putting on my lipstick while I dry my hair. No chance of any disaster happening in my home while I put on some makeup.
  • Ummmm, maybe make use of my massage giftcard I've been carrying in my wallet for quite awhile. I don' t have an appointment, so that's just a maybe.
  • Go to the store and get laundry detergent.
  • Come home and... do something... until time to go get my guys from school and go trade kids with my parents.


Seriously, sounds like a dream to me. But here I am about to go make it real.

**I'm pretty sure only a parent can know how exciting this is. To anyone else the day might sound average at best but I am so very excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally go grocery shopping! Doing it alone and during the day when you aren't all tired is HEAVEN! I understand the joy in boring! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails