Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Plan

Everyone is feeling much better today, and as such my house is full of activity, and tattling, and bickering, but mostly just a lot of activity!

I love that my kids love to play. It makes me smile. But sometimes all that whirlwind of chaos gets to be quite a lot for my peace loving self to handle. So, since fevers are gone and they feel good enough to wheel each other around on their suitcases (which I stopped lest the suitcases break) around in circles all over the house, I figure they feel well enough to hit the pool this afternoon. I have some cookies in the oven to bring with us, and a few hours there should tame the wild things down!

I am a big proponent of having a plan. "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" rings true and I've proven it time and again. But I tend to go overboard and plan too much and that just ends up being a disaster too. So, I have a loose schedule I intend to follow. Included therein is some educational time. Hopefully cleverly disguised as fun. But, for the most part our afternoons are wide open and I do indeed intend to spend many of those hours splashing around at the pool. The boys are totally onboard with that part of my agenda. Really the goal is to wear them out so they crash at bedtime and sleep til 7. Right now they are up before me, and I am still getting up at 6 to run at least 3 days a week.

I'm sure it will take some fine tuning to hit that balance between getting them tired enough to sleep in, while not getting them so tired they are merely cranky and insufferable. I'm sure we'll get there though.

I've got it all planned out. Now I just need to plan what to do with the entire week in which my children will be in Oklahoma and it will just be me & Kevin home and a lot of that time he'll be working. Imagining this simultaneously makes me feel elated and anxious. We've gone on trips without the kids before, but I can't think of a time where I've been home with no one else for more than a few minutes. I'm quite sure I'll find lots of things to occupy my time. Then it will be time to drive to OK to meet them and relieve their Grandparents who I am all too sure will be exhausted and very happy to see us.

So that's the plan. More or less. We'll see how it all goes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails