Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Running Update

I posted a little about running on Deep South Moms yesterday. There I told you about how sometimes I feel like my mind has to push my body through when it wants to quit, and other times my body has to keep pushing even when my brain tells it to stop.

Here I will tell you a funny story. Right after I submitted that post into queue, I went up to our community fitness center to run because it was way, way, way too hot to run outside. I get on the treadmill, and my Ipod wouldn't work. Undeterred, I did my 5 minute warmup, then started to run. Then I stopped because I felt really off balance. Plus there was no music. So, just when I start to think I've got it all figured out I realize that I'm not all that awesome. I have a very defined set of circumstances in which I can run. Outside. Early. And with music, please.

So, maybe that's more ironic than funny. Or maybe it's just me, who knows. Today I ran for 26 minutes, with music, outside. It felt great. Really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! That is really awesome. Good for you for pushing through the pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails