Thursday, March 4, 2010

Progress

We are making progress on our flooring project. We tore out one room of carpet and are getting the concrete ready.

The darker grey area is where we filled in a very low spot.

We are going to have to figure out how to dispose of the carpet & padding. There's the love seat from the living room and all the boxes of wood in here too. Also, I need to go make sure that room doesn't REALLY slope downhill. Probably just poor photography. :)

Lots of glue. And some kind of vapor barrier stuff.


It doesn't look like much progress but considering I had to spend hours agonizing over which wood to choose, and the fact that Kevin has to work all day before coming home to work on this, we've gotten quite a bit done.

*One funny story about this. I rented a trailer to get the wood so I wouldn't have to make two trips and take the seats out of the van. I had a bit of trouble backing the thing up to the point that I could turn around and get out of the parking lot. Mark, always helpful, said, "It's ok mom, I can just get out and guide you." I declined the help, and we still managed to make it home.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails