Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Goals

Okay, so we are mostly through the first week of the month. I'm not making a New Years Resolution exactly, but I've been thinking of some things I'd like to accomplish this year.

Continue making small changes toward a healthier lifestyle. I am entering this year 10 pounds lighter than I started last year. It's not as far as I would have liked to be, but I'll take it.

I have always dreamed of learning to play the piano. I don't have the time or extra cash to take lessons, but I'd like to do a little self teaching. We have a piano, and the internet is a vast wealth of knowledge.

I want to sew more. More specifically I want to use some of the fabric I already have and do some projects I've had floating around in my mind for ages.

Be more organized. Oh, this is always on my list. If I'm honest, I would have to admit that I am way more organized than I used to be. More put together than I was before kids, largely out of necessity. However, there is still room for lots of improvement.

I want to remember to enjoy my children. Not get as aggravated, and stay patient.

I want to make a positive impact on the people around me. There's a story behind this that I might tell a little later, but I want to talk to people more (yes strangers) and smile and make eye contact with people I encounter. Even the people walking past in the grocery store.

Be more compassionate...

That's all I can think of for now.

Happy 2010!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I've always wanted to learn to play the piano too. You're a step ahead of me - you have a piano! Haha! You should teach yourself! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails