Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Menu

Tonight as I tucked my sweet guys in, I asked them what they wanted to make sure we had for Thanksgiving. Ben wasn't sure. I think because he wasn't sure what I was talking about. So I asked him a list of traditional Thanksgiving Menu items and he decided his must have was pumpkin pie.  Eric, immediately said he really just absolutely had to have sweet potatoes WITH marshmallows.  Zachary hesitated when I asked him. He said it was just really hard to decide. I told him he didn't have to decide right away, but could tell me later. His eyes lit up and told me what he'd really like to have is PICKLED BEETS.  Now, I'm pretty sure that isn't traditional Thanksgiving food.  Nor have I ever made it for the holiday.  However, it is on the menu.  The boy does like his beets (who IS this kid?)  Mark's must  have is cranberry sauce. The kind in the can.  Jellied please, no actual berries.  Kevin requested both the can and the kind I make. Probably because the can is better, but he wants to make me feel good about the homemade sauce I make.

You want to know what I'm thankful for?  All of those guys up there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails