Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things I Have Learned

... The Back to School Edition...

So much I have learned this week, much of which is review, much of which is common sense... still the fact remains:

  • I should not put Zack in his school clothes in the morning expecting them to stay clean until noon.
  • Eric (still) just loves school.
  • The child not being dropped off will always want to stay. The one being dropped off, sometimes wants to cling to Mommy like glue. (this hasn't actually happened yet, but it's coming. I can feel it.)
  • Nothing I do will ever be the right thing or good enough. Evidence: last year, Mark begged me to pack his lunch. I never felt like I could have my stuff together enough to do it, so they ate in the cafeteria. This year school starts an hour later, so I am packing lunch. (Plus prices went up and I feel I can send a healthier, less costly lunch without trying too awfully hard.) Today, on the way out the door we had a lovely meltdown because I *gasp* packed his lunch and he wanted a cafeteria meal. I don't even know what to make of this. He ate the lunch I packed him though.
  • My kids actually like each other when they aren't together all day.
  • I have more patience when I'm not with all of my kids all day.
  • Taking one kid to the store is SO much easier (but not easy, no definitely not.)
  • Having 3 kids in school and one taking a nap = awesome!
  • School makes kids tired. This is both good (easy bedtime!) and bad (fussy dinner time.)

So, there you have it. Things I have learned the first week of school.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails